The University of Delhi was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly. Only three colleges existed then in Delhi: St. Stephens College founded in 1881, Hindu College founded in 1899 and Ramjas College founded in 1917, which were affiliated to the University. The University thus had a modest beginning with just three colleges, two faculties (Arts and Science) and about 750 students. In October 1933, the University offices and the Library shifted to the Viceregal Lodge Estate, and till today this site is the nucleus of the University (Main Campus). Students can see their result on the official website.Apart from central administrative offices, examination offices and the sports complex, the main departments of the Faculty of Science are housed in the Viceregal Lodge Estate.Sir Maurice Gwyer, who was the then Vice Chancellor, realizing the importance of a distinguished faculty, searched for talent all over the country and brought men of eminence to this University, such as Prof. D S Kothari in Physics, Prof. T R Sheshadri in Chemistry, Prof. P Maheshwari in Botany and Prof. M L Bhatia in Zoology. Over the last even decades the University has grown into one of the largest universities in India. At present, there are 14 faculties, 86 academic departments and 79 colleges spread all over the city, with about 2,20,000 student.